EVENTIVE STREAMING INSTRUCTIONS
There are a few options available for watching from your TV. We recommend heading to the virtual festival and watching some film trailers and sponsor reels to test out your planned setup before the festival begins on April 5th. Here’s how to watch a program on our virtual platform:
- Head to the virtual festival by visiting https://wmff2022.eventive.org/
- Sign in to your Eventive account from the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Catalog to see our full selection of programs.
- Click on the program you want to watch.
- Unlock with your festival pass or choose to watch one time for $15.
- The program will load and the video will start playing once you choose to play.
Below are some ways to try connecting your device to your TV. Keep in mind that the most foolproof way to watch films will be from a computer with the most up-to-date browser and operating system.
DIRECT CONNECTION: COMPUTER TO TV
APPLE TV APP*
*Available only for Apple TV models Generation 4 and higher.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the app Eventive TV and install the app. Here’s how to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, navigate to https://watch.eventive.org/wmff2020 and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV.
ROKU (BETA VERSION)
The Eventive app for Roku is in Beta version and changes may be made to the app at any point.
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2 *The channel is not currently available in the Roku app store, you must add it by visiting the website.
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up.
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV – BETA to your account.
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Wasatch MountainFilmFestival program on the app.
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to https://watch.eventive.org/wmff21 and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use AirPlay.
Stream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. Note: At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a guide on how to use Chromecast from your computer.